Monday, April 07, 2014

Life in a Tent

Life in a Tent

04/06/2014



Picture
Home Sweet Home
What a journey this has been. After spending much of the past year outside the country trying to heal my body, I have returned to the Bay Area to work. However, my first month back in Silicon Valley was filled with sleepless nights and terrible headaches. The Los Gatos neighborhood I was staying in has become a place I can no longer live because of its high levels of EMF pollution. 

This was not always the case. Just a few years ago, before wireless "smart" meters were installed, I was healthy as could be in this very same place. I slept sound and had never experienced a headache in my life. The difference between then and now is like night and day for my health.

As you can see in the photo above, I have found a temporary solution. Just a few miles away in the Santa Cruz Mountains above Silicon Valley, I have found a protected valley where I can pitch my tent every night. I have been doing this for the past month, through rain, cold temperatures and tremendous inconvenience.  

Every night, I walk a few hundred meters with all my camping gear and set up my tent in the dark. Every morning, I wake, take down my tent, walk back to my car and head back to my office. On the nights when it is raining hard, I sleep in my car until it stops, then go set up my tent. If it starts to rain early in the morning, I wake and pack up my gear so that my tent is not soaking wet for the following night.

It hasn’t been easy and most people still do not understand why I would do this. Yet, finding a safe place to sleep has been vital for my health. I can sleep again (even though I miss the comfort of a bed) and my headaches go away for those hours when I am up in that valley. This makes my days easier.

Nearly three years after the installation of wireless "smart" meters made it so that my body reacts to microwave radiation and electrical pollution, it has become incredibly difficult to find a safe place to call home. This is true for so many others as well. It has been such a frustrating and, at times, overwhelming situation to be in. Yet, I am hopeful that society will wake up to the dangers of filling our communities with EMF pollution. Until that time, I have a feeling I will be spending many more nights in my tent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment