Friday, June 03, 2016

Obituary - Professor Bhanu Iyengar

Obituary - Professor Bhanu Iyengar

Dear All on my mailing list,

This morning I received news about a former coworker, professor Bhanu Iyengar from India, who suddenly - after a brief illness - passed away on April 29th, this year.

I am so very, very sorry to hear this, she was one of the nicest and most intelligent, warm-hearted and kind persons I have ever come across. She will be very much missed, be so sure.

My eyes are filled with tears, and on my office shelf (in front of me) I look at her beautiful small bags which she sent me as a gift, containing the most fantastic Indian teas. They will be loved and cherished items of remembrance.

I often discussed the issues of health effects of modern, artificial electromagnetic fields with her, when she stayed in my laboratory. When I told her that I had doubts about my own results and my own capacity, she looked at me and said "Don't be silly! Anyone with a healthy and working brain realizes that the modern society does contain profound dangers, no living creature can sustain such horrible loads of exposure as we are witnessing now. It is just a matter of time before the truth will be revealed. And your capacity is good enough, never worry about that, you silly man!"

I now say - "Dear Bhanu, in your Heavenly laboratory, keep your hand at us - the truth, as we have seen it emerge from the recent American Toxicology Program results, and similar - now is coming to us. You were so right."

With my very best regards
Yours sincerely
Olle


(Olle Johansson, associate professor

The Experimental Dermatology Unit

Department of Neuroscience

Karolinska Institute

171 77 Stockholm

Sweden)

No comments:

Post a Comment